Friday, March 2, 2012

Working on the Duvet...

Well, I am finally making progress on the duvet cover for my sister.  After some delay, I am starting to wrap up the front side.  I wanted a modern look with a mix of colors.  There are so many bright colors and patterns, I decided to tone it down a bit by alternating the patterned rows with large rows of black fabric with gray accents.  The back of the duvet will be made of the same black fabric in order to tie everything together.


I have a few things I am still considering.  First of all, I am trying to decide if I will use ties, buttons, or nothing at all for the duvet envelope closure on the back.  I guess I will wait and see how well it holds together without ties or buttons.  Also, I am trying to decide what type of matching pillowcases I will make.  Should I make simple black/gray pillow shams, black/gray tube pillowcases with a pattern accent, or some type of patchwork pillowcase incorporating different fabric patterns?  I don't want the pillowcases to clash too much with the duvet cover (since the duvet is "pattern-heavy").  Still trying to decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment