Saturday, January 28, 2012

Quilting for Christmas

After I finished my first "Sampler" quilt, I wanted to make a quilt for my parents to give to them at Christmas.  However, I only had about a week to complete it in time.  I worked furiously up until Christmas Eve, and I was even finishing up hand-sewing the binding just hours before we exchanged gifts.  I have since learned that I do not wish to complete a quilt this quickly again!  Quilts are more fun when you can work on them little by little without any pressure.

I used two charm packs made by Moda Fabrics in this quilt.  They are very easy to use and can help speed up a project.  They are pre-cut into 5" squares and come from similar fabric lines so they coordinate well together.  I also chose to use an inexpensive flat sheet for the backing of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment