Saturday, January 28, 2012

Duvet Cover Preparation

My sister recently requested a duvet cover for her spare bedroom.  So, we went to the fabric store to find some options.  She fell in love with a bright floral fabric, but the fabric was an old line that was no longer in production.  They only had 3 fat quarters of the fabric left, but we thought we could make it work.  After looking around awhile, we found some coordinating fabrics that she really liked.  We decided to do a patchwork pattern due to the limited amount of floral fabric.



As I was trying to design the layout of the duvet cover, I was very intimidated by my small supply of the floral fabric.  I was afraid that if I just started cutting, I would mess up.  So, I decided to do a lot of measuring and math (all in a day's work) in order to get the layout just right.  I made a diagram to go by that was scaled down enough to fit on paper.  (By the way, I am not usually this prepared when sewing, I just didn't want one incorrect cut to cause me to run out of the most important fabric my sister picked.)

No comments:

Post a Comment